The Alliance Better Together
Neighbors, Businesses, University, and City
The University District Alliance was established by the Minnesota Legislature in 2007 to define a vision for the future development of the District that recognizes the advantages of living close to a major urban University and the need for a livable environment.
The principal partners in the Alliance are:
- University of Minnesota and its students
- The University's four adjacent neighborhoods (Como, Marcy-Holmes, Prospect Park, and West Bank/Cedar-Riverside) and their residents
- Area business associations including Dinkytown, Stadium Village, Southeast, Northeast, and West Bank
- The City of Minneapolis
- The Alliance also includes a growing number of friends and partners who are committed to achieving the vision of the Alliance.
- For more information, visit www.community.umn.edu/alliance